Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas gift exchange








I have been working on this gift for our quilt group's gift exchange this year. I am so pleased with how it turned out! I was out with a friend at IKEA and saw this magazine rack. This idea popped into my head as soon as I saw it and we both bought them to make for the ladies names we drew. Since the 'holder' is canvas attached with velcro, we simply sewed patchwork together and then hand appliqued it onto the canvas on both sides. It will make a perfect project basket. We will give them their presents at the same time. They are the same except for the colors of the fabrics we choose which fit the favorite colors of the ladies themselves. I can't wait to give my gift away!

Tonight is the Christmas party and I am working on all the last arrangements. It is very busy so I am neglecting all my lists at the moment. I hope to share many fun photos with you in the coming days.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative, Heidi! You are a constant inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Heidi,

I know your Christmas party was enjoyed by all! I am looking forward to your photos very much. Thanks for sharing these of the gift you made which is very thoughtful and beautiful.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oooh Heidi,
What a lovely idea and so creative, as usual.
Your partner will be so thrilled with this.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
This is most fantastic and I knew it would be so appreciated! What alot of love and effort that went into it! What lovely background, too!!!!
diane

Anonymous said...

lovely!!!!
françoise