Friday, September 15, 2006

Where did fall go now???





We had been having the most wonderful weather ~ cool and lots of rain. The temperatures in the evenings were very low. I was so happy to see Autumn start to appear. Now in the last week's time, the summer has returned. It is hot and sunny. I am like a child waiting for Christmas to come as I wait for the colors to start in the trees.

I will cheer myself up by showing you two more photos of the beautiful woods in the 'Drents-Friese Wold'. The first photo was an amazing find. We were driving back to the cottage and stopped the car to take a photo of the largest toadstool I have ever seen. It was down in a ditch so I was unable to get down close to it and lay something down to show you how enormous this thing was. It was well over 12 inches across. Click on the photo to enlarge it. The size made it seem almost unreal.

The second photo seemed to me to show perfectly how much beauty the Autumn brings. This to me is what excites me about the fall season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,
Something similar happened here! This week was coolish and very Fall-like. Well, today's weather should hit hear 80 and tomorrow abit higher. I'm ready for jackets, etc. Let's hope Fall comes back to us. lol Take care and THINK AUTUMN!

Anonymous said...

As always your photos are so beautiful! Aren't the colors and scents of fall just wonderful? And, I can't believe you saw a toadstool 12" in diameter. That is one hefty gnome!

Happy Autumn,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
WOW, that is a HUGE mushroom! You seem more into fall than we are here. No leaves on the ground here yet, the colors are just starting to turn. AND, 80 degrees again tomorrow!! : ( I want Fall to last!!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi, Your photography is really wonderful, I love the toadstools and the large one looks like a lovely cake with icing on the top, your autumn bowl has inspired me to do something like that in my kitchen, I have lots of cones etc, that just sit in a basket but your idea is great, hope you don't mind me copying it. Thank you so much for sharing your love of the Autumn with us and I really enjoy looking at your blog. Have a nice weekend Heidi, you are a special person. Hazel.