Thursday, July 05, 2007

New treasure and new stash

Last night, I received a wonderful gift from one of the ladies in the quilt group and her husband. They brought me a vintage needlework they found in an old suitcase. Isn't this adorable?! It rhymes in the Dutch langauge and the verse is:

Kom...in de morgen,
Kom...in de nacht.
Kom...uitgenodigd,
Kom...onverwacht!

Which is translated:
Come...in the morning,
Come...in the night.
Come...invited,
Come...unexpected!

I think this is such a sweet greeting to hang in my entrance hall. Thanks so much Jacomina and Oomke!
I received a bit of new stash on my doormat this morning. I got two new charts that I had ordered ~ "Necessities Sampler" by Little House Needleworks and "Silent Sampler" by Rosewood Manor.

11 comments:

Nancy said...

I love this vintage piece Heidi, and I think it's perfect to hang by your entrance. How nice of your friends, and their names are wonderful! Nice new stash too - I also bought Necessities Sampler.

Enjoy,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

What a neat gift from your friends!!! Yea for stash, it has been awhile, hasn't it? I have Silent Sampler, too, and think it will be beautiful stitched up!

staci said...

Love the vintage piece, what a cute saying :)

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

What a thoughtful gift!

Nice new stash :)

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
What a lovely old piece of period needlework. It's just perfect for an entrance hall. Such a lovely gift, your friends are really thoughtful as they knew you would appreciate such a lovely piece.
I love your stash too Silent Sampler looks just up my street...haha!
Hugs, Angela

Solstitches said...

How generous of your friends to give you this lovely piece of needlework Heidi.
I love the verse and think it perfect for an entrance hall.
Enjoy your new charts. They are both lovely designs.

Anonymous said...

ooo very nice vintage piece Heidi!!!!
super new stash!!!
hugs
françoise

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely vintage sampler, Heidi, and a wonderful verse! It's how I think of you and your home. ♥

Janice said...

What a thoughtful gift from your friends! I love the verse! Thank you for translating it! :o) The verse shows true hospitality!

Terri said...

What nice friends you have. I bet that old sampler sent you right over the moon!

How did your Christmas in July thing go?

God bless.
Terri

Anonymous said...

fantastic!!!!!
françoise