Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Results of a handworking evening

I get together once a month with two friends that I met while taking bobbin lace lessons. We started out doing our bobbin lace together and have branched out to also doing some other hobbies now and then. Last night, I taught them how to put together a pinkeep. Here are the results of their very first pinkeeps! This one was made by Jannie and is done in lavender and purple all over design.

Jannie's pinkeep back...

Sonja choose to stitch up an American saying from a book I had bought her a couple of years ago and here is her pinkeep front...

And Sonja's pinkeep back.....
I had fun teaching them how to make these and I think they enjoyed the fact that they both went home with a finished project.

8 comments:

Solstitches said...

I can't think of a nicer way to spend an evening than stitching with friends.
How nice that you introduced your friends to making pinkeeps :)
Both are very lovely.
Margaret

Nancy said...

Sounds like a very fun evening to me! Please tell your friends that their pinkeeps are lovely. Such a nice friend you are Heidi!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Het ziet er leuk uit op jouw blog! En ik vond het hartstikke gezellig. It is really nice that you took the time teaching us to make a pinkeep. These evenings together I always get more inspiration to stitch.
liefs Sonja

Anonymous said...

Hi:
Tell Sonja and Yannie they made
really nice pinkeeps. You are such
a good teacher. It was nice for them to try something new.
Love Mom

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

What a fun thing to look forward to every month. Your colors are lovely.

Lizzie said...

I have a friend who lives in Mass. who also has a semi weekly crafting party with girlfriends- I am so very jealous I think this is a wonderful ladies night out, and you get to take home something from the fruits of your fun and labors!

These are beautiful, thank you for sharing their creativity.

Anonymous said...

Heidi, You are always sharing your incredible talents and also your experiences. It's such a pleasure peeping into your blog. Jannie and Sonja's pinkeeps are absolutely beautiful. Both are very individual but have the same expert look. They are a credit to their teacher. In fact, you have taught so many of us, just like in days of yore when sampler teachers were recognised by certain styles or motifs, people will find old pinkeeps and say...aaah, yes these ladies were all taught by that brilliant teacher in Holland :>)
Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make such a lovely pinkeep on our quiltevening! And I think you got your talent from your mom as she made that wonderful afghan for you. Have a nice weekend.
Elly