Sunday, June 03, 2007

Meeting up with a French blogger...

It is such a special feeling when things come full circle in life. We had things ready to go on vacation and I had posted on my blogs that I would be taking a week's break. I happened to look at the comments later on Friday evening and there was a message there from Doris, one of the French bloggers. She lives in the Alsace and asked us to contact her hoping we could meet while we were there. We exchanged our cell phone numbers and called her as soon as we arrived in France. A meeting was arranged in Colmar on Wednesday. We really enjoyed spending the afternoon with Doris. She showed us a bit of Colmar and then we had tea and some wonderful pastries in a little shop. She then took me to visit two of her local stitching shops. I did buy some stash which I will share with you at another time.
Doris surprised me with a wonderful gift. She gave me three tins to use for needlecases and also this wonderful needlecase that she stitched. It is so pretty and lined with blue silk. I wanted to share some photos of it with you. Her blog is located at http://2miaou.over-blog.com/ . I got to see her Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler finished and back from the framers. It was stitched over one and very pretty.

Greetings to you Doris from Holland and I hope you are enjoying your Mother's Day in France!

7 comments:

Solstitches said...

Heidi,
How lovely that you were able to meet up with another stitcher while you were on vacation.
I love the little needlecase that Doris made for you. I've seen one of these on another blog and thought how pretty they are in the way they fold up. The stitched designs Doris did are so dainty too.
How nice to be able to see a stitched and framed Beatrix Potter!
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time while you were gone but I'm glad you're back to share your adventures with us.
Hugs,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Doris is a sweetheart, I know how generous and talented she is :)

Nancy said...

It sounds like you had so much fun Heidi! This is such a beautiful gift and so generous of your friend. Isn't everything stitched by the French women just so lovely!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

ooo beautifull gift!!!!
happy for you Heidi
hugs from France

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
What a lovely treat it must have been meeting up with Doris. Having someone show you round a place is so much more fun than doing it on your own. What a beautiful gift she gave you. Such a kind and thoughtful gesture.I would love a needlecae like this - what about giving us a little workshop on how to make one....pretty please :>)
Hugs, Angela

DaisyGirl said...

What a wonderful trip you took! I've never stayed at a B&B. Beautiful needlework!
Donna

Anonymous said...

how nice this is !!! well, if you ever come to Brittany - France, I'm up to be the next French blogger you could meet !!!
We spent a week in your country last year (near KeukenHof) and had a fabulous time there !