Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Primitive ornaments SAL - Peace and Goodwill

I could not decide which ornament chart to share this month and then decided to give you two at once. To me, these two go together just like the Christmas Carol. I could just see and hear Victorian carolers in my mind as I stitched these. Enjoy!


My photo seems like the linen is light instead of the dirty look hand dye. All my ornaments are being stitched on 30-count Old Mill Java hand dyed linen.

I used a star eyelet stitch for on top of the pine tree. You could also use a small button or large bead. For the holly berries in Goodwill, use either a large red bead or 3 small ones. You could also use a small red button for the berry.

Goodwill To Men is slightly blurred as the beads are too large for me to scan this well.

Here are the two charts for this month...



Enjoy the slideshow of the photos I have received since our last SAL entry. Keep these beautiful photos coming in as each month, I draw a name from that month's photos. It doesn't matter which ornament you send a photo in from as they are all entered each month. This month's winner is.....Letty. Please contact me with your snail mail address Letty so I can get the gift out to you right away. Congratulations to you and everyone for their wonderful ornament finishes.


15 comments:

Nancy said...

I like these two and boy they really do need to go together. Everyone is doing a great job on the ornaments. All are just a little bit different. I like the cords and ribbons everyone is choosing to use.
Great job on the two new ones.
Happy stitching everyone.
Love Mom

Elizabethd said...

You are so clever to make a slide show! What pretty ornaments they are, all so different.

mainely stitching said...

They are beautiful designs, Heidi! You're SO talented! :D

Linda said...

Heidi...these are great designs and perfect together. I'm looking forward to doing them both...hugs, Linda

Deb said...

Heidi - I love both these designs. Thanks so much for posting them. I know that I'll really enjoy working on them.

Letty said...

WOW jumping up and down!!! Thank you Heidi !!! I will send you an e-mail!

Susan in SC said...

I love hoe everyone's is the same and yet so different. It's so interesting to see how everyone finishes the ornaments. I can't wait to see how this month's ornaments turn out!

Anonymous said...

Bedankt voor de nieuwe patroontjes !!!

En zie opeens mijn ornamentjes langs komen.
Ze zijn nog niet een af maar in jouw slide show zien ze er zo sprankelend uit, leuk !!!;-)

marian'ne m

Françoise said...

ooo thanks Heidi
just beautifull!!!
hugs
françoise

Carolien said...

Lovely ornaments again, Heidi!

Hugs, Carolien

Brigitte said...

I loved watching the slide show. Such very nice and creative versions of your patterns. And thanks for sharing the next two.

angelasweby said...

Heidi,
These two new ornaments are so lovely. I love pairs of things. I do like balance ...haha! Thanks so much.

Sonja said...

Oh Heidi, what a beautiful quilt on top of your blog!!!! I love it. Sometimes I wished I could be as talented as you are! You're doing a great job on your designs to. So nice that even your mother made one!

Vee said...

I love both of them! I'm sitting here enjoying your slide show when I should be doing housework :-)

Maggie said...

Heidi these are lovely! i've just saved them to my computer hope i can get around to them soon. I love seeing everyones different interpretation of you designs, they are all lovely!
Thank you for your comment on my French ABC SAL, it was seeing yours and the lovely colours you chose that made me go in search of it :-) As for the thread i'm using for my Alla Turca, its NN number 153, such a lovely colour, i'm hoping that my local shop will have it in very soon.

It's always a pleasure to visit your blog