Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Coloring Easter eggs?

Remember the sneak peek photo in my last entry? I used the various fabrics in purple, yellow, green, pink and blue to make fabric Easter eggs.


On April 1st, Letty had an April Fool's Day surprise hidden on her werbsite. It was the pattern for these eggs. I love the old fashioned look to them with the stitched seams. I think it spoke to my love of 'crazy quilting'.


Placed with a simple twig wreath in my creamware dish and I have a sweet new Easter decoration. I just love it and want to thank Letty for sharing this pattern.

I also want to thank you all for your comments about my charm quilt. I enjoy linking history to the quilts I make and try to use a great deal of symbolism in them. I am so delighted that you too enjoy hearing these precious stories from the past too. And thank you for the sweet anniversary wishes too...

Note ~ Please be sure to email me photos of your Primitive Pillow ornaments as the latest ornament is coming up next week along with the drawing for the giveaway.

21 comments:

Sue said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous!

Letty said...

Your Easter eggs look lovely, love the colors!

Deb said...

Those eggs are so pretty!

Tammy said...

Very cute eggs Heidi and thank you for sharing the link to the pattern.
Hugs2u,
Tam

Anonymous said...

Heidi...so tasteful...so pretty...so Spring! Wonderful!

Nancy said...

Very cute eggs Miss Heidi. Your work is always perfect and I know you were having fun making these.
Love you, Mom

Sandy said...

I love those eggs...too cute!

Heleen said...

The eggs are very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, your Easter eggs looks so good!! Love your choice in fabric!

DonnaTN said...

Heidi, did you know that you are an enabler?! I clicked over to Letty's(also my Mom's name)blog and promptly added it to my google reader list. I am making a granny square prayer shawl and was drooling over her squares, not to mention her quilting! I had to send my sister the link! I guess that makes me an enabler too!

Elizabethd said...

Those are super! Such a lovely idea for Easter.

mainely stitching said...

Your eggs came out so beautifully!

Nanny Ree said...

What a lovley idea!!! I am also loving your scrappy quilt do you have a pattern for it?? I have finished one of your primitive patterns but haven't got around to backing it maybe now I will get the chance. Thanks for all your good wishes Marie x

Brigitte said...

These eggs are so cute, made with fabrics that perfectly add to their old-fashioned look. And how you display them is pure delight.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi.
Wat zijn die eieren leuk,misschien iets voor een nieuw klein project???Wat fijn dat jullie weer naar cottage zijn geweest,ik hoop dat je niet te hard gepoetst hebt,maar lekker genoten van het mooie weer,wij ook aan zee,heerlijk.

Hug Joke.

Linda said...

Heidi, these fabric eggs are the sweetest, I really like your fabric choices....they turned out lovely...hugs, Linda

p.s. Heidi, I e-mailed you at your new address. Did you get it?

Maren said...

WOW! Those are so cute! Well done, Heidi.

MarianneD said...

Wat een leuke eieren Heidi!
Ik hoop er ook nog een paar te maken voor de Paas...ik moet dan wel snel zijn....;-))

Lynne said...

These look lovely eggs. I thought to make some last year, then thought again thinking they wouldn't turn out as I imagined, but these look great. I must take a look at how to make them.

angelasweby said...

Oh Heidi,
I love your fabric Easter eggs! I would never have guessed that that was the project planned for the pretty co ordinating fabric you showed us :>)
What a great Easter decoration.
Warm hugs Angela

Diana said...

I love your eggs and went to the weblink for them. Your right about sewing versus quilting (much more fun). I still haven't finished one Bunny Hill block but plan to this weekend (I hope). When I visit the Washington State this summer I hope to post photos of the Lewis & Clark exhibit.