Friday, April 24, 2009

A full load...

And why? Well, obviously I have no will power when it comes to a needle and thread. I just love a project and get started. Never mind that I have a stitching basket sitting there filled to overflowing.

So my French Abecediare SAL is taking a backseat this month but I plan to remedy that this weekend. We are off to Cranberry Cottage as our new firewood shed is being built and I should have lots of stitching time between making coffee. I do have a start on the latest part as you can see.


I blame Gigi for my problems. *grins* She came up with yet another amazing free design on her blog and I fell head over heels in love with it. I started my version of 10 Virgins the same day I saw it. I am using four DMC color that will work well with my other works on my sampler wall in our bedroom. I am using DMC 730, 3781, 3750 and 3858 on Sandstone 40-count linen. I love how it is coming along.


I joked on a homekeeping list about holding a Stocking Along and we are starting it today. I printed some hexagons and will be making a charm hexagon stocking that fits in very well with my quilt group's theme for this year.


I added two more motifs to my Beatrix Potter Quaker sampler. Then I ordered two more books about her to add to my bookshelves. I thoroughly enjoy reading more and more about this amazing woman!


I have, last but not least, finished scissors on my French Letter sampler for my sewing box. I still need to rip out the tiny H in the light shade. It just does not work on my linen and need to decide if I am gong to add another shade instead. I don't think any light shade will show up well though so I may end up having to go with just the two shades I am already useing. For now, this one will be set aside while I catch up with my Abecedaire SAL.


Yes, I do have a full load but I think it is the way I like it. I seem to find a creative energy in working on each and every one of these projects. Now we won't even go into how many quilt projects I have going...lol!

Note: I did not iron these projects before I photographed them as we are leaving early for Cranberry Cottage. I hope my online friend Joni enjoys seeing my unironed projects. See Joni, I am not so obsessed!

Have a wonderfully creative weekend dear friends!

23 comments:

mbroider said...

Your 'full load' is loaded entertainment for me:) Thanks for the progress update. All your projects are lovely.

BTW, the floss holder in French Abecediare SAL is unique

Anonymous said...

I love that little bunny floss holder! How sweet is that!!! Your stitcheries are beautiful and it is always a joy to pop in and see what you are working on. You sure do have lots going on! I wanted to ask...how did you print the hexagon templates? Did you draw them first and then print on cardstock or do you have a .pdf file template you print from?

Roberta said...

Yeah, you are moving along on BP, it is looking so good. I am loving your 10 Virgins and your French Alphabet. Of course always love when you do fun things with your quilt group. The bunny floss holder is darling.

Hope you are doing well - take care.

Roberta

Nancy said...

Well, aren,t you just a very busy little girl. I love every one of these projects you are stitching.
I really love the first one with all the alphabet. Maybe someday in the very far away future I might like to try it. Keep the pattern please.
I am working on several things and IF my battery comes today and then works, I will be posting my project.
My scrapbook cookbook is very near completion too.
Have a good time at the cottage.
Love you, Mom
PS: Get ready to scream Dagi, you are going in the car.

Maggie said...

See your doing it again...leading me to sites with these lovely charts on, lol, so there is another one on my list...Thank you :-)
I love what you are working on, all of them :-)
Have a lovely weekend at Cranberry Cottage.

Linda said...

Hi Heidi, you do have a lot of projects going but I love and enjoy seeing all your pieces. Such pretty stitching, samplers are my favorite your Potter Sample is wonderful.
Have a happy weekend at Cranberry Cottage...hugs, Linda

p.s. The bunny thread keeper is darling...L

angelasweby said...

Hope you have a lovely weekend at Paradise cottage Heidi :>) You certainly have no shotage of projects to keep you and us happy. I love the way BP is progressing. Are you going to continue teasing me by not telling me which BP books you've bought :>) I can't wait to see your Stocking Along and 10 Virgins has made a really promising start.
Hugs, Angela

Carolien said...

Have a great weekend, dear Heidi! I hope there will be plenty of time to make some stitches on all those lovely projects.
I am jealous!!! Me, Grumpy, just a few stitches, understand? No, just kidding :) I will survive ...
Will have to look at those virgins, thanks for the tip!
I am still having my 'chronical cold', otherwise I would have called you weeks ago to make an appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will come.

Groetjes aan Jos & Dagi & hugs, Carolien

Kaaren said...

Heidi, your sitching just gives me goosebumps. I love to look at all your projects. It's funny because just today I posted on my blog at how overwhelming I felt with three projects on the go at once. I think after reading your post, I'm feeling a little more settled now.

Thanks for sharing, Heidi. Have a super weekend!

mainely stitching said...

Oh, Heidi, everything is so lovely!

Deb said...

I love all the projects in your "full load". I hadn't seen Gigi's freebie stitched or started, but I really like how yours is coming alone. As all your projects!

Deb said...

Fabulous WIPs! Love your color choices, too. Just yummy!! :)

Tammy said...

Gorgeous stitching! The bunny thread keeper is adorable.
Enjoy your visit to Cranberry Cottage!
Hugs2u

Pondside said...

Goodness - your full load is inspiring! I'm off to have a look at the four virgins!

onlymehere said...

Oh my, what beautiful needle work you do! I love it all.

Susan in SC said...

what an inspiration you are to us to get those creative juices flowing! Can't wait til the dust settles here and I can get started on my stockings!

Anonymous said...

Prachtig al je borduurwerken.
En ja, die 'maagden' kan je toch niet laten liggen, mooi.
Mooi hé al die quaker motieven.
Ken je de site van 'Needleprint' al. Van de uitgeefster van de Ackworth patronen.

http://needleprint.blogspot.com/

Daar staan regelmatig mooie free-bees.

mm

The little book of Nessie said...

I enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing all your wonderful work. Regards, Nessie

irma said...

Hallo Heidi. Wat maak jij mooie dingen. Jouw blog ziet er ook zo mooi uit. Liefs Irma

Elizabethd said...

Heidi, what a lot of creativity is going on there!
Your letters are just beautiful, and it lovely to see what you will be sewing next, and next, and.....!

Anneke said...

heerlijk he, zoveel projecten onder handen die je ziet groeien.
in een oude Ariadne vind ik net een oud borduurpatroon van de 5 wijze maagden. het staat in een artikel over Marker klederdracht en de foto is van het Ned. openluchtmuseum.

groetjes

Joni said...

LOL and I'm so proud of you! The last WIP updates I posted weren't ironed and I felt so guilty but now I'm guilt-free. If you can do it, so can I!! But, seriously, you have been a very busy little girl. Everything is just gorgeous. I'm so glad you are getting up to the cottage this weekend. I haven't noticed you going much lately and I know how you must be missing it. Poor Dagi, though.

Brigitte said...

Your WIPs look so great, Heidi. I love your Beatrix sampler very much. You are right, she was such an amazing woman from all the bits and pieces I read about her. I haven't read her biography yet but will do this summer.