Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Some spring cleaning and a couple of finishes!
As I mentioned before, the results of me being an elf in Santa's workshop is one very messy quilt studio. It is so bad that I would have been totally embarrassed to show you photos of it. I am really not kidding! I decided I needed to make some space to be able to walk after almost falling over piles and mess. I must admit that I have cheated a bit and much of the mess is transferred to the guest room to be sorted. Good thing my mother is not on her way to visit. LOL! I am making progress.
I did cheat a bit and did two quick finishes. Firstly, I found this small piece of stitching that I did about 16 years ago. I figured this little primitive angel needed to become a pinkeep so I put her together earlier this week. She still did not have any ribbon or pins so I took a 'break' from the work for some fun and finished her off.
The backing fabric is a simple blue polkadot with a soft blue ribbon and blue and white pins. I topped it off with a bow of white and blue ribbon.
This is a piece of a bread cloth I had also sewn about 16 or more years ago. The cloth had become just too stained and I cut the little design off and have turned this little ghost into an ornament for my Halloween tree. If you click on the photos you can see the details. I fringed him and then sewed it to a square of black felt.