If you read my other blog, perhaps you already read about wanting to make a sort of New Year's Day out of the first of the month. I am making some resolutions about things I was at achieve for this month. My quilt studio is a disgrace! It was bad before but when I started working on Christmas gifts and added the inspiration to make all the pincushions.....well, let's say that the room should now be condemned. It is beyond messy. I have little space to move and am really in need of reorganization.
One problem has been that I have partially sorted and set apart things that need doing. One thing is a couple of quilts made some time ago which I did not label. It has become a pet peeve for me that I did not document my earlier quilts. I now do each quilt as it is completed or I cannot call it finished. This saves on wasted energy like I had this morning with the quilt you see above. It is the first on my list. I had to search for the date I made this quilt. I did it back in 2005.
Once I discovered the date, I made a quilt label for it which took only mintues as I decided to use a premade label I had in my drawer. From now on, I will be labeling each one as part of the quilting process.
It is so important to be sure you document a quilt for future generations. I am going to start labeling the back on my needlework now too. I can simply create a label to attach to the back of a frame. One of the advantages to blogging, is we can look back and see there when we finished projects. I never used to keep a journal but now see it is not a bad idea after all.
*** Please continue to guess for the autumn pincushion give~away on the previous post. I will be announcing who guessed the most correctly when I have the next pincushion sewn which should be later on tonight. See you then..... ***