Sunday, October 28, 2007
I've been tagged.....
Nancy over at Lovely in Chocolate has tagged me for 7 interesting facts about myself. I think it becomes more difficult after you have done tags like this in the past to come up with things you may not have already mentioned. I will give it a try:
1. I am addicted to a needle and thread. I really do have to spend even just a little time each day working either on some stitching or quilting. It affects my mood. I feel a day is not complete when I have not had that needle and thread to hand.
2. I have so many ideas in my head of things I want to make that I would have to live to be at least 300 years old to try them all out.
3. I love chocolate. I confess that I have a little dark chocolate just about each and every day.
4. I love being alone. Being sociable is fun but I need time to myself. I have always been a bit of a hermit and dream of living on the Shetland Islands being shut off to the world for periods of time. That doesn't mean I don't want any contact. I will take my computer and all my online friends with me!
5. I rarely just sit still with nothing in my hands. I always have some needlework on hand as I find it hard to sit and talk on the phone or watch a film or even talk on the computer with family. I have needlework in various places and I pick it up whenever I can.
6. I dream of one day owning chickens. I just think they are so cute and would love to open my door and see them running to greet me.
7. Finally, one that reflects on one of Nancy's facts. While I am not afraid to drive on the highway, I will avoid it whenever possible. I love taking longer and driving on country roads. I love driving through pretty villages and countryside for the atmosphere which means I will gladly take twice as long to get somewhere.
I am not going to tag anyone as so many of you have already been tagged. If you want to do this, then please consider yourself tagged by me.
The photo above is a quilt I made for my mother back in 2002. I called her Matilda after the nickname my nieces call me. I made her a patchwork Tic~tac~toe game to match it but unfortunately don't have a photo of it. I thought it would be nice to share another Halloween quilt I made with you.