Thursday, July 26, 2007

An ode to fathers and friends

I wanted to reflect for a moment on fathers. Today I spoke to my friend Sonja, who's father just passed away last week and I am glad to hear she is doing okay. She only just lost her mother at the end of May. I know from losing my own father that it is a sad time. The first important man in our lives is no longer there. A bit of strength disappears with them when they pass on. Remember you father each day in your heart Sonja and he will live there with you forever!


"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." ~~ Clarence Budington Kelland

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi:
I know Sonja reads your blog, so I
want to tell her how sorry I am to
hear about her loss.
Love Nancy (Heidi's Mom)

Lizzie said...

Yes, our fathers are the first men in our lives- the ones we love, look up to, and they are the first men who adore and cherish us- only they do so in spite of all our flaws. Unconditional.

Anonymous said...

Dear Heidi, Thank you very much for this reflection. It feels unreal they both are no longer here. It will take time to understand it all. And thank you Nancy for your kind words.
liefs Sonja