Thursday, May 24, 2007

Scissor holder

A very talented friend of mine, Francoise, shared her scissor holder with us on our stitching list. I have made the same scissor holder and thought I would show it to you. It was going to be the idea for the next project with my quilt group but as I wrote at the beginning of the month, I changed my mind at the last minute. Not everyone likes to stitch in the group so I thought this was not a good project to use. Instead, I am making a patchwork holder for a larger pair of scissors. I will share that with you during the first week of June along with placing a tutorial online showing how to make it. For now, here is the holder for a pair of embroidery scissors.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

It's gorgeous Heidi! I would like to make this. Can you tell me where you found the pattern and instructions?

Happy stitching,
Nancy

Sharon said...

Heidi, these are so very pretty. I would love a pattern too if you can tell us where you got it. Great job!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!!!!!!
Haha....
Warms hugs
FRançoise

Lizzie said...

Its beautiful- I love the color choice, too. I enjoy a simple embroidery project and can't wait to see the instructions!

Heather said...

This is just beautiful!! I LOVE it!!
Heather

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Such a nice scissor holder, I look forward to seeing your quilt group adaptation! You are so talented!

Solstitches said...

This is so pretty and dainty. I love the tiny buttons.
Everything you make is just so lovely Heidi.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Heidi,
Please add me to your list. I would love to know how to make this too. It's so beautiful just like everything else Francoise makes. Those little bow buttons are just gorgeous.
Hugs, Angela