Nothing like changing things around at the last minute! I have had the May project for the quilt group ready for a month now so thought I was well prepared. I decided very early this morning that I did not like my June project or the set up of the monthly newsletter. I have to have things prepared and give them a list of needed items a month in advance. I got up at 7 am and redid the newsletter. Now my printer is acting up and I have only 6 of the 14 newsletter printed. I have to wait until my husband who is the computer wiz gets home to see what is wrong.
I took a picture of the project right after I finished it. It is based on the heart pincushion pattern that Eliza Leslie used in her book "The American Girl's Book" in the 1800s. This pattern is so simple and fun. I found it in the magazine "Early American Life". You could also used a stitched triangle. We are making all our accessories to match for the quilt theme so I used a piece of the fabrics I picked out for this year. Next month, I will show you a photo of all the items together again. This year will end with us sewing a 'huswif' or 'hussif'.