Friday, February 15, 2008

Gifts of friendship's love

This has been a special week for me. I had my birthday this week which meant receiving some fun gifts in the mail from online friends and we had a Valentine's Day swap with a special group of stitching friends.

My swap partner was Judy. I got her package in the mail about three weeks ahead of the day but we had all agreed to wait and open them on Valentine's Day. She had wrapped them so sweetly that I wish I had taken them out of the box and set them like this on display for those three weeks. I got a tin of Mrs. Field's chocoates and these presents. Aren't they pretty?


But open them I did.....


I received these sweet needlefelt lollipops with a special needlefelt tag card. I have placed them in my Valentine's Day tree and they look so adorable.


She also gave me these adorable little red handled scissors with a handmade fob with needlefelt beads. How cute is that! Thank you so much Judy for my wonderful treasures!


My friend Margaret in Spain made me this beautiful red and white pinkeep. I just love samplers and this is so pretty!


The fabric for the backing is a red and white toile. It is just beautiful.


Margaret also sent me two red threads from Spain and three differents ribbons. I will easily find projects to use these for. I received two metallic threads from my friend Hazel in England. Christine in Canada sent me an autumn packet of two quilt fabrics, an acorn button and hand dyed silk ribbon. My mother, who is now becoming a cross stitcher (go mother!), sent me a series of Olde Willow Stitchery hand dyed threads. Thank you all for being such sweet friends and the wonderful and thoughtful gifts!


I can share this gift with you as Carolien is at this moment on her way here probably bicycling in the sunshine. I made her a beaded fob. It is using red beads and a flower and butterfly charm. If you look at her blog, she has pretty photos of her garden at the moment. I was inspired to make this the day I met her for the first time last month. She invited me to join her and her daughter for lunch. Well, Fleur is the sweetest little girl! Carolien and Andre told me they call her their butterfly. Needless to say, I had to create this fob especially for her. I am also giving her some embroidery scissors and two heart buttons for Valentine's Day. I hope she likes them.


14 comments:

Solstitches said...

Oh Heidi what a beautiful collection of gifts you've received just lately. I love the contents of your Valentines exchange package from Judy. How fun those lollipops are. I have to admit I don't know what needle felt is but it looks like something I might need to learn.
All of your birthday gifts are so lovely (so happy you liked mine to you) and the fob you've done for Carolien is just gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Very beautiful gifts Heidi!

I love the needlefelt lollipops from Judy, and the fob is the cutest I have seen. She needs to teach that to us!

Margaret's pinkeep is gorgeous and so French looking! And, all your other gifts are so pretty and thoughtful.

The fob you made for Carolien is so pretty, and I'm sure she will love it! Enjoy your visit!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! What lovely gifts you have received. And thank you for the wonderful tutorial on the penny rug. Your pictures and explanations are great!!

Carolien said...

O YES! I love that fob VERY MUCH! Thanks again, Heidi, you spoiled me too badly ... but I love it! Your kindness means a lot to me, it's very special to meet you. André and Fleur have seen the fob and the buttons and Fleur's mouth fell open for wonder. 'Wow!', she said. Well, our butterfly is playing outside before going to the next school later on the day.
I will write about the fob etc. on my blog, but I'm afraid I'll have to run today. But I will write soon. (Sorry, mother of Heidi, for this long 'radio silence', I will explain!)
Have a nice weekend! Hugs, Carolien

Nancy said...

Well, Miss Heidi, I think you did ok with in the gift collection. Good for you, you deserve everything.
I bet Carolein was very happy with her gift too.
Love you, Mom

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Everything is delightful but that little bead scissor fob is darling and makes me linger :) Enjoy your gifties as I'm sure you will!

Tanya

Beatrice said...

All the gifts are soooo lovely.
Well deserved and the fob is very pretty!!
I love the lollipops. they look good enough to eat!

Roberta said...

What great little gifts you received from Judy, I love the lollipop felt hearts, what a great idea.

I love the fob, you can always use one to put on a stitching tool and of course, chocolate - can't live without that.

Christine said...

Oh wow...gifts galore!! What nice gifts from Judy. I am just mad for the lollipops and that felted fob! How fun!!

Lucky you to receive a beautiful Margaret pinkeep. She does such a beautiful job on them.

Love your fob for Carolien.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! A lovely group of gifts and exchagnes!

Karen said...

Well you had wonderful surprises in your mailbox. Beautiful things and I love that fob that you made. Your tutorial was wonderful also and the finished rug beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Hugs - Karen

Teresa said...

Those are the sweetest lollipops. When I first looked at the picture, I thought they were actually candy! All of your gifts and exchanges are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull!!!!
hugs
françoise

Kristen said...

How wonderful all of it is! You are just the best and deserve every loving bit of it! Hand picked and handmade gifts are surely the best! I am just so happy that you have found such a good friend in Carolien and isn't it funny that the internet brought you together when you are so very close to one another! Enjoy them all!