Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving to All!



"Twas The Night of Thanksgiving"

Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
But I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned
The dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation
With all of my might.

.

Tossing and turning
With anticipation,
The thought of a snack
Became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen,
Flung open the door,
And gazed in the fridge
Full of goodies galore.

.

I gobbled up turkey
And buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots,
Beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling
So plump and so round,
Till all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground!

.

I crashed through the ceiling,
Floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding
And a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell
As I soared past the trees...

"HAPPY EATING TO ALL! PASS THE CRANBERRIES PLEASE!"

-Author Unknown


Wishing all of you who celebrate in the US, a very happy Thanksgiving Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy Thanksgiving Heidi!! Loved the poem. That could have been me at the fridge!! LOL I look forward to sharing more holidays with you.

Have a blessed holiday
Teresa

Nancy said...

Thank you Heidi, and I enjoyed the poem! I know you won't be having turkey, but I know the day will be a special one for you and Jos.

Nancy said...

Hey, Heidi got her turkey after all, thanks to Jos. He braved the grocery store for her. I hope you don't really fly away Heidi. We are going to miss you soooo much when we are all here together.
Have a great dinner.
Love you, Mom