Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Projects in progress and a Santa's Workshoppe week

I am going to be unable to show or tell you much about the projects going on this week. It is a very busy week with "Santa's Workshoppe" officially open for business. I am making many Christmas gifts this week but, as my family reads my blog, I am not able to reveal much about any of them. I was able to complete one project yesterday. Today I started on a second project which I should finish up tomorrow.

I am trying to take time in between to still work on my SALs and here is a progress photo of my Silent Sampler. I am stitching this in the DMC colors which were called for on the original chart. It is being stitched over one and I like the results of it so far. I wanted this one to be small and will make a little pillow to add to the collection on my bed. Since I took this photo, I have been able to stitch a bit more on it.

The other photo is of the two bobbin lace ornaments which I also finished up today. The pin holes of these ornaments are still visible on the lace cushion where I laid them to take the photo. They are now both starched and ready to hang in the Christmas tree.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,oh jij hebt de ster al af...dat motiveert mij om ook verder te gaan! groetjes Sonja.

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I see you are as busy as ever :>)
The little ornaments look really lovely, I can imagine that, on the Christmas tree, they look like delicate flakes of snow. The nativity one has turned out beautifully despite your misgivings.I love the Silent sampler.Not quite sure what that is but it sure looks pretty. You are tantalizing us with secret stitching tidbits, can't wait to see what they are but I suppose we will have to wait until after Christmas!
Hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

I can't wait to see everyone's Silent Sampler. I really do love the flowers that I have seen so far. Over one will make a gorgeous pillow Heidi!

Your bobbin lace ornaments are truly amazing, and like I said before, I have no idea how you can make these. Will they go on your tree of lace this year?

Anonymous said...

Heidi - those bobbin ornaments are beautiful and look really hard to make. Your other stitching project looks like it's off to a great start, very pretty.

Hugs - Karen

Anonymous said...

The ornaments are just gorgeous! I really like BOTH of them! Great start to SS, it is going to be so pretty as a pillow,too. I think that is what I am doing with mine...hee hee

Kristen said...

Heidi,
I love the bobbin lace! They are beautiful! I wish I was able to do that with thread crochet! It just wouldn't be the same though. You are oh so talented!
Kristy

patchwitch said...

I love the ornements, beautiful work... Enjoy the rest of Christmas needlework :D

Anonymous said...

HI:
OH COME ON HEIDI, YOU CAN TELL US
WHAT MISS PICKLES THE ELF IS WORKING ON. RIGHT MANDIE AND KRISTY: WE WON;T TELL. HAHA.'
LOVE YOU, MOM