Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happenings this week...

I have been so busy this week that I have not been blogging as normal. On top of DH having to have an emergency appointment at the hospital with a dental surgeon, I seem to be trying to be effecient and feel like I am getting nowhere fast. A tornado has officially hit my quilt studio as I found a cute idea for a new doll's quilt. I am going through my scrap box and that is never a good idea for me. The scraps are taking over like the invasion of the quilt monster. Forget Godzilla, this is much more scary ~ LOL!

On top of that, I came up with an idea for my Christmas ornament swap for one of my Yahoo lists for this year. Now we are talking the invasion of the wool felt monster ~ LOL! Are you getting the idea yet???

I am trying to keep up with two SALs I am working on ~ the Marquoir and the PS 12 Days of Christmas ornaments. Now I am getting my fabric and threads ready for a new SAL which I will start with three friends on Labor Day. I am sharing my choice above in the photo. I am using the recommended DMC colors and a cream 26 count linen. I want to stitch this design over one. Like I need to start yet another SAL so.....here comes the invasion of the SAL monster ~ LOL!

Now I have to share some great customer service! I had been noticing black graphite while using my rotary cutter on my quilt fabric. I then found the actual knife was slipping in the holder. I tried to tighten my blade as I thought that it must not have been placed correctly in the holder. To make a long story short, I discovered that this blade was actually cutting into the metal pin which holds the blade on the cutter. It is my newer of my two rotary cutters.

DH contacted Fiskars which is the company who makes this rotary cutter. We were emailed that we should send the cutter to an office in France which was our nearest representative in Europe. We had contact with someone in that office. The rotary cutter was posted to them and we were still waiting to hear something back. I got an envelope from France last week expecting to find they had repaired my own rotary cutter. Instead, I found a new one like the one I had, a brand new model and a new specialty blade. I was so surprised! I am unable to buy Fiskars cutters here in Holland and was thinking I would have to maybe replace mine with a different brand but I think this is a wonderful surprise. The customer service is amazing at Fiskars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor heidi::::::
don't worry, the monsters won't
get you. can you think up oneeeeeeeee more thing to start?
love you, mom

Kristen said...

This is a beautiful pattern! I can't wait to see it finished! You are such a nut! I love my fiskars as well! Much luck with all your thousand projects. I don't know how you do it!n

Nancy said...

Very pretty linen and threads for Silent Sampler Heidi. I can't wait to see everyone's finished sampler.

Wow, Fiskars gets my vote!