Friday, August 10, 2007

The Bronte Samplers link

It is very early morning here on Friday for me and we are up getting ready to drive to Brugge, Belgium for the annual Lace Days. I decided to check my email and, of course, had to pop in here to check my comments. I love reading all of your responses!

I thought you might like the link for the Bronte samplers so you can see all three. They are hanging at the parsonage museum. They are sold in kit form there with the thread and linen being similiar to those which the sisters used themselves. The three sisters all stitched a sampler as a girl as did their mother in her time. To see these samplers which were reproduced by Moira Blackburn, go to http://www.moirablackburn.com/reproduction/repro_main.htm . I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

*** A close~up photo of the Anne Bronte sampler I stitched a number of years ago. ***

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the link Heidi. I really enjoyed looking at the Moira Blackburn samplers. Yours is beautiful!

Hope you enjoyed Lace Days,
Nancy

Kristen said...

I love this sampler! It is so simple yet so beautiful. I hope you have a ton of fun for the Lace Days!
Kristy

Deb said...

Thanks, Heidi! I can't decide now if I want to stitch Charlotte's or Anne's....:9
Hugs,
Deb

Solstitches said...

Heidi, I don't know how I came to miss this post............
I didn't even know Moira Blackburn had a website so am very glad to have the link.
Your Bronte sampler is beautiful!