Friday, February 16, 2007

A completed quilt UFO

It seems I have not had many finishes this month. Having visitors has meant not sitting and either stitching or quilting as much as normal. I did sit and talk to my mother while quilting this UFO though and can now happily say it is finished today.

This pattern is called 'Pioneer Braids' and it was really a fun piece to sew together. I titled it 'Homespun Braids' because of the beautiful homespun fabrics I used for this piece. I accented the braids with the hand quilting which you cannot see so much in the photos so I took a photo of the back also.

For me, a quilt is not finished until it has a quilt label. I love making labels and do them with calligraphy which I learned to do when I was quite young and draw accents freehand. They really do finish off any project as well as serve to remind you when and where you made a quilt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
That is such a pretty quilt and the label is just lovely. What a really special way to finish off your beautiful quilts.
Hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

Beautiful as always Heidi. And you already know how much I love your labels!

Nancy

Joanne said...

What a beautiful quilt, Heidi! I love the choice of fabrics and the handquilting really enhances the design. I love your label :)
~ Joanne

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Heidi! Homespuns are a favourite of mine. :) I love your label, too.

Terri said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you, Heidi!
It looks beautiful!
Love,
Terri

Renee said...

I only can admire such a wonderful work, and what a heirlom! You are so gifted. Your work is so well finished. Obviously you need much time to achieve such a piece, so you cannot show pictures of other items at the same time. I wish you a very good Sunday.

Solstitches said...

The quilt is gorgeous Heidi. I love the homespun fabrics and the name you gave the quilt is perfect.
Pretty label too.
Hugs,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, Heidi! As usual, I'm overwhelmed by your talent with fabric, needle, and thread. You are amazing!!