Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A find and a finish

I have been doing some major decluttering in my pantry in the laundry room. It is a combination of food items and my silk flower collection. I found this old stitching way in the back stuck behind the shelf. I got it out and it is really shifted and poorly framed. I must have made this about 20 years ago. I am going to take it apart and turn it into another pinkeep. I thought I will not hang it up so why not make a pinkeep that can be part of my collection.
I also had a finish today. I finished the freebie I posted about a couple of days ago. This will also be a pinkeep. I can't wait to start looking for all the right trims and ribbons and pins. For now it is bedtime so it will have to wait for a new day.....

5 comments:

Barb said...

The finish is so pretty. I like the colors. Your older pieces were a great find. They are nice too.

Anonymous said...

Your little finish has come up beautifully. Your colour choice is just right.

I just adore your little salt pictures. I just love little vintage designs like this. It is so pretty and will make a perfect pinkeep.
Hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

Hi Heidi,

Sweet love turned out beautiful! What a nice pinkeep this will make for your collection. I also love the Morton Salt design. When I lived in Ohio I lived very close to the Sterling Salt mines, and I went to Sterling Morton Elementary School! I should find a book with these designs.

Nancy

Mary Kathryn said...

What a wonderful find - and finish. Your Morton Salt will make a wonderful pinkeep as will the valentine!!

:0)

Anonymous said...

LOVE that pink you chose!!!