Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What's happening in my quilt studio


My own Autumn Leaves quilt has to wait for now. I have lots of work to finish before my quilt group comes next week. I gave them a challenge for the October block on the quilt calendar. They have to make their own design with only one rule. There has to be a jack o'lantern somewhere on it. I want to surprise them with something very different. I am creating these pumpkin people for my block. I will iron the applique on today and start with all the decorative stitching. Sorry this photo is a bit dark and fuzzy but I will share a better one with you once I get the stitching done.

I also have to work on my drawing for the November block. I will be using a cornucopia filled fill fall's bounty for this block. In between, I really need to add more to the newsletter for the group also. It is going to be a very busy week needless to say.

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

I didn't have access to my computer, so I was pleasantly surprised to see all your new entries! All your projects are beautiful, Heidi. I love the pinkeep, and the idea for the Jack O Lantern for your quilt group!

Anonymous said...

Hello Heidi,

Your pumpkin people are wonderful! They certainly do bring smiles, and they represent the season very well.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh these are so cute!!! I love seeing your work :)

Barb said...

Your pumpkin people are so cute! I enjoyed seeing your blog.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this one come together. I love the pumpkin faces!