I love trying to create new things in the house using what I already have at hand. While working on our guest room, we found our old bolster pillows under the bed. They are covered in an aubergine India cotton from my old roman blinds I made when we moved into this house. Those blinds have been remade now in a cream color as the aubergine has long faded in the sun.
I decided this afternoon, in the mode of clearing out my stash to work on a new sewing project and recover these bolsters. I had saved the bottom of my curtains I hemmed for Cranberry Cottage. I knew they could come in handy even if I simply used them to make placemats or tablerunners. They have been sitting around for so long that I almost considered throwing them away while cleaning out my quilt studio. I wanted these bolsters to be very neutral so I can use them in either bedroom. I set to work with the curtain fabric and was done in just an hour.
I then looked around in the quilt studio to see how I could make them look a little jazzed up and found this lace ribbon that my mother had sent me also a couple of years ago. Perfect! And just enough to do the two pillows.