Monday, August 21, 2006

Finished a scissor fob today




I finally overcame a fear of using overdyed or variegated thread today. I made a one day project which was a freebie on Caron-net.com. It is a scissor fob designed by Carol Tinson. I used Watercolors "burnt toast" to stitch the fob and added some beads I had on hand. I am pleased with how it turned out and will definately use these types of threads again in the future. Thanks Diane (in Michigan - FTLOS) for all the encouragement to give this a go!

6 comments:

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

Congratulations Heidi!! Your new scissor's fob is beautiful. I love the color changes on the waterlilies threads that you used.

Susimac said...

Its wonderful Heidi, well done on your first fob, I love your colour choice.

Anonymous said...

how clever and pretty . margaret

Anonymous said...

I am very humbled and honoured that my scissor fob encouraged you to try something that you had never done before :-) You will love using Hand dyed threads - there will be no stopping you now.LOL I love your colour choice too well done on your finish. Hugs Carol Tinson xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely colours, for a lovley finish. Well done .

Elaine xxx

Lucy said...

Beautiful!!